If you’re looking for a motorcycle workshop offering motorbike servicing, MOT and repairs in Ipswich, Suffolk then Orwell Motorcycles is the place for you. Everyone needs a touch of TLC from time to time, including your motorcycle. Luckily for you, we've got just what you and your pride and joy need. At Orwell, we have a confident team of trained technicians, offering the best service available to ensure your motorcycle gets the touch of love and care it needs to hit the road confidently, safely and securely. Factory trained to Suzuki, Kawasaki and KTM standards while being experienced and comfortable throughout a multitude of motorcycle brands, types and sizes over the years, we're sure we can help no matter what motorcycle you've got.
We MoT all makes and models of Motorcycles but please note we cannot MoT Trikes or Quad bikes. MoT's are a standard price of £29.65 for motorcycles and £37.80 for motorcycles with sidecars
The annual MOT test can be an anxious time for owners but there are some simple checks you can do before bringing the bike to us to alert you to potential problems.
Here are some simple checks you can make ahead of an MOT test:
- Tyres – basically at least 1mm of tread. Tread depth bars make it easy if you do not have a gauge. Motorcycles up to 50cc do not need 1mm of tread but the tread pattern must be visible
- Lights – check all lights are in good working order, including a rear number plate light
- Rear reflector – make sure the bike has a rear reflector fitted
- Number plates – make sure the plate conforms to the legal requirements and is secure
- Exhaust – the exhaust must conform to noise standards so make sure any after-fit modifications comply. The MoT guidance is the bike must not be louder than standard. For example if a standard exhaust has a baffle it must be fitted for the MOT test
- Chain – ensure it is correctly tensioned and not worn out
- Passenger footrests – if a pillion seat is visible, footrests must be fitted if the motorbike was supplied with them
- Horn – must work and be loud enough to be heard by other road users
- Front fork seals – check for any oil leaks
- Check for loose parts, nuts, bolts and screws
At peak times (like Easter and through the Summer) you may get a faster response to call rather than using the Enquiry buttons below! 01473 257401 (opt 2 for the Workshops). Please have your Registration details to hand.
Please note: All enquiry fields are mandatory and must be completed in full