Life is exciting for Kawasaki which is having a ‘Supersport Obsession’.
That’s the tagline for its new Ninja ZX-6R, an iconic name in its faired motorbike range, which makes a welcome return for the 2024 sales season.
It’s not the first supersport motorbike returning to the Kawasaki fold with the latest announcement coming hot on the heels of the new Ninja ZX-4RR.
This spiritual successor to Kawasaki’s ZXR400, which found fame in the Nineties, goes on sale in September for an enticing £8,699.
The Ninja ZX-6R, along with so many other 600 supersport bikes, fell foul of strict Euro 5 emissions.
Now the Kawasaki is coming back, revamped and reengineered for Euro 5, and the only choice for riders still hankering after a 600 class motorbike which used to be so popular.
The 2024 ZX-6R debuts a range of technical and styling updates.
- The 636cc engine now develops 124PS at 13,000rpm, rising to 129PS with Kawasaki’s iconic Ram Air system, and maximum torque of 69Nm at 10,800rpm. Official fuel consumption is 38.5mpg with CO2 emissions of 145g/km.
- The four-cylinder engine has revised cam profiles to satisfy stricter emission regulations and delivers strong performance in the lower and mid rev ranges.
- The distinctive aero-winglet equipped Ninja ‘face’ has purposeful, aggressive lines. A first for the ZX-6R is hybrid projector/reflector headlights, part of the full LED lighting package, and a new sports windshield with special cutouts to reduce buffeting.
- A new 4.3in colour TFT meter allows smartphone connectivity via Kawasaki’s Rideology App. It includes a shift light, service and oil change reminders and riding mode indicator.
- Quick shifter for the six-speed gearbox.
- Three-mode traction control, two power modes and four riding modes (sport, road, rain, and manual rider).
- Two colourways – lime green/ebony or metallic graphite grey and metallic diablo black.
- 41mm Showa SFF-BP forks and gas-charged rear monoshock adjustable for rebound, compression and preload.
- 17in wheels, 120/70 front and 180/55 rear Pirelli Diablo Rosso IV tyres.
- Twin 310mm front discs with four-piston calipers, single piston 220mm rear disc and ABS.
The new ZX-6R arrives in October priced at £10,599.
Check it out at orwell.co.uk/kawasaki/new-kawasaki-motorcycle-range/supersport-and-sports/ninja-zx-6r
Register your interest at orwell.co.uk/contact or call our sales team on 01473 257401.