The safety of our staff and customers is of paramount importance to us so, as the showroom re-opens, we're reinstating some restrictions and social-distancing measures. Thanks very much for your continued patience and understanding.
We’re limiting the number of customers in the showroom, at any one time, to those buying bikes, parts, accessories and clothing. Please don’t stay longer than you need to… as much as we loved you doing so in the past.
Here’s a reminder of the special measures that are currently in place:
Showroom / Parts and Accessories
- Please wear a face mask at all times in the showroom (unless you’re exempt).
- Hand sanitiser is available at the front desk, please use it on arrival.
- A ‘one-way system’ is operating in the showroom and to the Parts department. Please follow the arrows and note that some walkways are cordoned off to maintain social distancing.
- Sadly the coffee machine is unavailable and the seating area remains closed off. It goes against our ethos to discourage ‘socialising’ but we have to do it for the time being - Sorry.
- The main toilets are closed to customers but the accessible toilet is available for ‘emergencies’.
- You can look at bikes but please don’t touch them. If you want to sit on a bike, or examine it close up, please speak to one of the sales team.
- Only one customer at a time is allowed at each of the two positions on the Parts counter. The exit route is clearly marked.
- There are additional safety measures in the clothing and helmet areas. Specific hygiene guidelines apply here so we urge people not to try on any clothing, particularly helmets and gloves, without speaking to a member of staff first.
Interested in a bike?
- Consider making an appointment with one of the sales team if there’s a specific bike you are interested in.
- Our demo bike fleet is available for test rides but please book in advance, so we can complete the necessary paperwork over the phone. After each and every demo ride, the bike’s handlebars and contact points are properly sanitised.
- If you’re interested in a particular bike but don’t want to come to the showroom, let us know - we can always film a ‘walk-round’ of it and send it to you via email or data transfer software.
- You can only use the workshop if your bike is pre-booked so please call us to book your bike in or request a quote. We’re still working our way through the backlog that built up while we were shut so please be patient with us and book well in advance.
- Park your bike outside the front of the showroom and then drop your keys off at the Service Desk (taking into account the showroom measures/restrictions above).
- We’ll call you when your bike is ready. When we do, it would be a huge help if we could take payment over the phone.
Thanks again and stay safe.
The team at Orwell’s.